Friday, September 14, 2012

My Reading History

When I was a young boy, I would read children's books, like "Green Eggs and Ham." I was into books like these until the day I became a sixth grader. In middle school, I started reading poems and stories (including short stories). Two of these books that I remember reading were "The Iliad" and The Odyssey," both written by Homer. When I started high school, I  continued reading written works, including those by William Shakespeare and Edgar Allen Poe. The books I've read in high school were "The Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe, "Othello" and "Romeo & Juliet" (both are my favorite) by William Shakespeare, and "The Old Man and The Sea" by Ernest Hemingway. But the one book I remember reading, and this book really interested me with its suspense, was "Into the Wild" by John Krakauer. The book was about a man, named Chris McCandless, who died of starvation in Alaska when he decided to journey there. As of now, I'm still reading another book: the Holy Bible.

1 comment:

  1. You have developed a love for reading. That will be beneficial to you. I appreciate the variety in your reading, although you definitely have a love of the classics. I can appreciate your current choice of text. I read the Bible also. I look forward to your comments about The Help. I know you will enjoy it's many story lines.

    ReplyDelete